- Discovering Samoëns
- Events & Diary
- Shop and booking
Samoëns will have the pleasure to welcome the 14th stage of the Tour de France where the competitors will climb the mythical Col de Joux Plane. Come and follow and encourage them along the pass and in the areas dedicated to this unmissable cycling competition!
The 14th stage of the Tour de France will start in Annemasse and finish in Morzine, with 152km of road and more than 4,100 metres of ascent. It will also pass through Samoëns and climb the Col de Joux Plane.
You can come and cheer on the professional riders as they pass through:
- on the route de Taninges from 4.30pm at Place des 7 Monts
- on the road to La Piaz via Plan Praz, La Tour (16:48) and Combe Emeru (16:53)
- and at the Col de Joux Plane from 5.06pm. Enjoy the refreshments on site!
- The Caravan will pass through Samoëns from 3pm.
- The route de Taninges (D907) will be closed between 2pm and 5.30pm
- The Col de Joux Plane road (route de la Piaz) will be closed from 9am to 6.30pm
(times subject to change at the discretion of the gendarmerie).
Take advantage of the refreshment area, which will be open all day just a few metres before the Col de Joux Plane, run by the Tourist Office.
The Place du Gros Tilleul will be transformed into a Partners' Village.
All day long, you'll be able to visit the stands of the Tour's partners (E.Leclerc, Continental, Krys, Century 21, AG2R LA MONDIALE - Mes questions pour demain, Jules, FDJ and ecosystem.eco).
On the programme: activities and distribution of goodies, for a day at the pace of the Tour de France!
A giant screen will also be set up on the esplanade in front of the Town Hall.