- Discovering Samoëns
- Events & Diary
- Shop and booking
Tuesday 15 August 2023.
Free of charge.
Big party on the occasion of August 15th, with on the program: Irish concert, DJ ball, lantern parade and a novelty this year: a big water and light show.
PROGRAMME OF THE AUGUST 15th FESTIVITIES:
- 11am: Follow the parade in the centre of Samoëns of the Municipal Harmony accompanied by the Irish musical formation "The Clew Bay Pipe Band" present on the occasion of the Criou Celt Festival. Departure from Place du Gros Tilleul.
- 2 p.m.: Learn about Celtic culture by taking part in Irish music and dance workshops at the Lac aux Dames Leisure Centre. Registration at the Tourist Office.
- 4 p.m.: Win sweets by breaking toupines under the Halle de la Grenette! For children from 6 to 12 years old. Registration at the Tourist Office.
- 8:00 p.m.: Come and dance to rock and Irish music with the Clew Bay Rockers concert at the Lac aux Dames Leisure Centre.
- 9:40 p.m.: Take part in the Lantern Parade at the Lac aux Dames Leisure Centre. Lanterns can be purchased on site from 8 p.m. for €3.
- 10:00 p.m.: instead of the fireworks, come and watch an exceptional water show: “La Féerie de l’Eau” where colored water jets will light up the surroundings of the Lac aux Dames to the rhythm of music. The water used will come from the lake and will be put back in after the show in respect of aquatic life.
- End the evening with DJ Andria who will offer you a festive dancefloor.
Bar and restaurant on site.
Free shuttles by mini-train from the Tourist Office to the Base de Loisirs. Rotation every 20 minutes between 8 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
Parking at the level of the football field.